Sunday, October 3, 2010

shopping for ME!

Today I went to CVS with $12.50 in ECB and a $5/$25 coupon.  There were a couple things I had been wanting, one of the new lip stains as well as some tinted moisturizer.  There were not very many things in the ad that caught my eye this week, so I figured today would be a good day to treat myself.  The lip stain is Maybelline brand, and I have to tell you that I LOVE it already.  I've never really liked lipstick because it's so intense and because you have to reapply all the time.  But I got a color that turned out to not be too intense.  I think it's called plum.  It stays really well doesn't overpower my face.  Oh, and it's not sticky or uncomfortable.  It starts out sticky, but once you add the balm over the color, it feels great!  So there's my commercial for that.  :-D

The lip stain was $10.99.  I also got a Revlon top coat.  It was on sale for $3.99, regularly $5.50.  It also came with $3.00 ECB for next time.  YAY.  Progresso soup was on sale B1G1 Free, and I had a coupon for $.50 off two, so I went ahead and got two of those, even though we still had around four in the cabinet.  I also got a 99% alcohol free toner.  The one I've been using I think is drying out my face, so I'm trying something new.  It was $4.99.  Lastly I got a Sally Hansen nail pencil for $3.99.  It wasn't on sale, but I really wanted it, and it brought my purchase total to just over $25.00.  Then I gave them my coupon for $5 off, my Progesso coupon for $.50, and the $12.50 in ECB.  Before coupons and sales, my total would have been just about $30.00.  After, it was $8.95 pretax, plus I have $3 in ECB for next time.


I hope you're doing some of your shopping this way as well.  It makes shopping for me less guilt-inducing, and you can get more bang for your buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment