Monday, October 25, 2010

Max Lucado Outlive Your Life

Courtesy of BookSneeze.com, I was able to read Max Lucado’s book Outlive Your Life.  The purpose of the book is to teach the readers to live in such a way that the decisions they make outlive themselves, for the good of other people.  I found one sentence in chapter 7 that seems to sum up the entire book:  “Works done in God’s name long outlive our earthly lives.” 

I was pleased with Max’s writing style, and I felt like we were having a conversation.  He was speaking kindly, but not so carefully that he was unwilling to point out something that might be uncomfortable or that we might be unwilling to hear.  He made me consider what I am doing in my life at this point and how my actions will impact people around me and the people that I haven’t met yet or may never meet.  I did find once or twice that I disagreed with his interpretation of scripture, concerning a verse that is often misinterpreted, but overall I believe he did a fine job.  The good far outweighs the bad, and I would suggest everyone read it in order to get a more clear perspective on living life.



This is the book I'm giving away on Wednesday.  Remember the way to enter the drawing is to either like the Facebook page (look on the right side of the blog to find it) or subscribe to this blog.  You can get a second entry by sharing one of the blog posts on your Facebook wall and letting me know you did it.  If you don't win, I suggest you use one of the tips in this post or go to http://www.amazon.com/ to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment