Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Skim all the Ads!!

Here's a quick tip for you:  when you get the paper or get grocery store ads in the mail, skim over all of them, even the ones you don't regularly shop at.  I shop every Saturday at HEB because I feel like they have the best deals and good quality.  I scour that ad every Wednesday when I get it in the paper.  The Wednesday paper also comes with an Albertson's ad, a Lawrence Brothers ad, and a United ad.  I never look at the others.  I throw them out or pass them on  to someone else.  When I got home today, I had the same United ad in my mail box.  This time I decided to scan it over, and I found two! great deals.  First, they have B1G1 pork chops.  We mostly eat chicken, but we get pork or beef when we need a change, so those pork chops will be great.  They are also selling apples for a very nice price.  United is very close to my house, so on my way home from HEB on Saturday, I will be stopping at United for pork and apples. 

There's a lesson for you.  It's not always worth it to go to another store just for an item or two, but watch those ads.  You might find a deal with stopping for, especially if the store is a reasonable distance from your house or on your way from your grocery store or even work or church. 

3 comments:

  1. And pork and apples taste great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scanning the adds.I now believe that if your wanting to save money its the best way to go. Im getting to where i don't buy anything unless there is a sale and i have a coupon with it. Remember if you have a Walmart nearby you can price match. That what we do Of course they don't take bogos but everything else they price match.
    Tiffany

    Some of my best deals
    8 nevia lip balms free from Walgreen
    3 tubs of best life butters free from Dillions
    18 cans of Campbell's soup 25 cents to free from Dillions.
    4 Farmland sausage links 65 cents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, I don't shop at WalMart anymore, so I don't do price-matching. Do you want to help me write a post about how to do price-matching?

    ReplyDelete