Friday, October 1, 2010

Cars and Printers

Today we shelled out $400 to replace a starter in our 1993 Lincoln.  It's hard to complain about doing repairs on a car you had gifted to you, but it's still painful.  Today made me thankful that we've been saving so much money on our regular shopping so that the expense was a little easier to bear. 

Because of that, I've found an article for us to take a look at, from CBS, published on their website about a year ago.  I know, a year is OLD when it comes to information, but it looks like this common sense information is something we should be putting to use.  This article is not giving instructions on how to do your own repairs but more about how to choose a fair and reasonable mechanic and how to avoid the more costly repair bills.  Thank goodness because I don't plan to go out and change the oil in my car tomorrow afternoon!

How to Save Money on Car Repairs


And then, last night as I was trying to print a few coupons before the October coupon reset (don't forget to check out today's new printable coupons!!), the printer stopped in the middle of the first page and displayed an error message, suddenly telling me that the black cartridge is incompatible with the printer.  Which of course makes no sense because I was just printing with that cartridge a couple of days before.  The printer website gave instructions on how to fix the problem (resetting the printer, cleaning the connectors on the cartridge), but since neither of those work, I'm also going to be buying a new ink cartridge.  It's black ink, and it's an HP, so it's not that expensive, but still it's disappointing that I can't just go refill this one when it empties again.  Speaking of refilling, many Walgreens can refill ink cartridges.  Mine does it for $12 or $13.  Last time I did it, I paid for it in part with Register Rewards, and I got a coupon for a discount on my next refill.  Sounds good to me!


If you're doing CVS Extra Bucks, you should log into your account before you go on your next shopping trip.  I got an email reminder today that Summer ECB are available for printing from the website.  I'm pretty excited to see the sale ad for Sunday because I have $10 ECB from last Sunday, $2.50 ECB waiting for me at the website, and a $5/$25 coupon that I received in the same email with the ECB.  It smells like a good deal just waiting to happen!



Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment