Wednesday, September 8, 2010

64 loads for $1.49

One thing that always puts me in a great mood is a super trip to Walgreens or CVS!  Today I left work and went to Walgreens after my free dental floss.  Unfortunately, they were sold out.  I have to say, that floss is a good deal if all you do is walk in the store and see the Walgreens coupon for $2.00 off, so I'm not surprised it was gone.  That was really the only thing I was going to Walgreens for; everything else was just extra, so I left there and went on my way to CVS.  I was a little worried that the deal I wanted there was going to be sold out, too, because it's a stinking awesome deal, but it wasn't!! 

I am not brand specific on laundry detergent, and today I was very grateful for that fact!  Wisk Ultra was on sale for buy one get one free.  It costs $8.49 per container.  Since it was bogo, it was $4.25 each.  Then I had two $3.00 off coupons, which I think came from the newspaper the Sunday before last.  So that made them $1.25 each.  AND I had $1 Extra Care Bucks (similar to Register Rewards at Walgreens).  That ECB made them $.75 each.  Before tax, I paid $1.49 for two laundry detergents - 64 loads.  I think I'll wait a little while before I buy laundry detergent again!

The moral of the story is:  hold onto all your coupons.  I nearly tossed those out because I didn't think I'd have any use for them.  Watch the sales and compare the pretty good or even average looking sales to your coupons and find an incredible deal!

Have any of you made it to Walgreens or any other store using your printed coupons from the first of the month?  I'd love to hear any of the great deals you're finding.  I'll post your deals in an entry so that we can all celebrate together.

And if you think you know some people who want or need to save some money, please share this blog, either by emailing the link or putting the link in your Facebook feed.  There are some deals out there we've just got to share!

Have a happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Just a heads up-64 loads might not equal 64 loads:) I was curious to see just how many loads I actually get out of my 96 load Purex cause I fill it up to the 2 instead of the 1 marking. This actually gives me 78 (plus or minus 1 or 2 due to extra small or extra dirty loads)loads. Detergent is an area where I feel coupons could really come in handy, so I'll be looking out for those after reading this. Also thinking about making my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah . . . it's probably the smallest suggested amount. I'd never thought about counting them out, so it's good to know.

    A lot of people seem to be making their own laundry detergent, but I've never tried it myself. I probably won't unless things get really tight. I'm not quite that industrious. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick and i took our first trip to walgreens.
    I used the 3/$1 off coupon for the Campbell soup at hands they had a coupon For 99 cents each.
    Also got a small travel size degree Was $1 i had a 75 cent off coupon for it Plus i got St ives body wash was $2.99 but it was on the register rewards so i got a $2 coupon for it.
    Over a good first experience.
    Dillons here is having a cart busters event and we got a few of good deals.
    They had the 10 for $10 on Colgate toothpaste you dont have to buy 10 items. I had 3 Colgate toothpaste $1 off coupons so 3 free tubes.
    Also had 2 quaker oatmeal $1 off coupons. They had it on sell for $1.98 so I bought 2 boxs for 98 cents each. Very good day. Just cant wait tell i get more coupons and i could have saved even more.
    Tiffany E

    ReplyDelete