Tuesday, September 7, 2010

spaghetti sauce

Dear Couponing friends:

Since I know I am going to do pasta at least once, probably twice, next week, I've had my eyes peeled for pasta and sauce coupons.  I just found a sauce coupon.  Click Here  It is for Classico brand.  If you're brand specific on this one, lucky for you!  If you're not brand specific, be sure to look at the prices on other sauces and check out the unit price to see if this turns into a good deal for you.  It might help for you to start bringing a calculator to the grocery store so you can make sure you're getting good deals.  The coupon is good until October 7th.

I did find a suggestion yesterday on how to stretch spaghetti sauce or make a generic one taste a little better.  Here you go, if you're interested. 

2 cans or jars of spaghetti sauce
1 - 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 - 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning
1 Tbs sugar
1 1/2 - 2 lb groud beef, browned and drained

Bring all ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.

I know that's a lot for my household, so I'm going to freeze the extra in Ziploc bags.  Bags are better than bowls because you can freeze the bags laying flat and they take up a lot less space.  This is especially good if you're only working with a little freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment