Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday, September 12

Ok, guys, did you get your newspapers this morning?  We went to early service, picked up a paper afterwards, and I came home and started clipping!  I looked over the CVS and Walgreens ads again, this time in print and with my new coupons to compare them to. 

I didn't get a Ragu coupon or an Uncle Ben's coupon, both of which I was hoping for from seeing the Sunday Coupon Preview, so that's just a reminder again that we can't depend on that list being accurate for our locations. 

But I did get lots of great coupons and printed a few more from the various websites, and I've sorted out what I'm doing at both the drug stores this week.


At CVS, Nivea for Men Active 3 bodywash is on sale for $4.99, and you get $4.99 in ECB back.  I also have a $1.00 off coupon for the same item, so I'm going to pay $3.99 for the body wash and get $4.99 back.  YAY!  And since I'm only buying about $5.00 worth of other items, I've decided to make the body wash a single transaction so that I can go ahead and use those $4.99 ECB to pay for the other items.  (Remember, ECB work similar to RR at Walgreens.  I plan on posting information about CVS this afternoon, so you'll be able to understand that better.)  For the second transaction, I am going to be purchasing a few things. Campbell's Chunky is on sale for 2/$3.00, and I have 2 - .50 off coupons, which brings the price down to 2/$2.00, or $1.00 each.  Lucky Charms, which I seldom buy name brand, is on sale for $1.88 a box, and I have a coupon for $1.00 off two boxes.  That will put them at $1.38 per box.  That puts my total at this transaction for $4.76.  Remember I have $4.99 in ECB, and we don't get the difference back so in order to spend it all, I'm also going to get a pack of gum, which I like to keep in my purse anyway.  Assuming the gum is around $1, I'm going to pay about $.75 for this transaction.

That has me spending around $6.00 for the two transactions, which is about $13.00 worth of stuff, and that's after the sale prices, since I don't know what regular is at CVS on these items. 



Now, on to Walgreens.  First I have a quick correction to make.  I looked at the Walgreens coupon policy this morning, and you can't have more MANUFACTURER COUPONS than items.  That means, as I read it, that the Walgreens coupons don't count in that total.  I think that's wonderful because this deal I am going to do this week has one less manufacturer coupon than items, but if I added the store coupons, I would have to add extra items to make the difference.

So here we go.

Progresso soup is on sale 4/$5.00 with a coupon from the ad.  (Hubby eats a lot of soup.  LOL)  I also have two .50 off 2 coupons for the soup.  That makes the soup 4/$4.00, or $1.00 each.  This soup was on sale at HEB the other day for $1.50 each, so I'm pretty excited about $1 per can. 

Froot Loops are on sale for $1.99 per box.  Again, I don't usually buy these name brand.  I have a coupon for $1.50 off 2 which makes them $1.24 each.

Ragu pasta sauce is on sale, 2/$3.00.  It's also on sale 3/$5.00 at CVS, but Walgreens' sale comes out to less per jar.  It also comes to less than I bought the HEB brand pasta sauce for yesterday.

Crest Glide floss (remember it was sold out on me last week?) is still on the same deal, $3.50, with $2.00 off with a Walgreens coupon and $.75 off with a MFR coupon. 

Lastly, I have a RR left over, which is going to expire on Saturday, so I had better use it!

This isn't as good of a deal, but my total before coupons is 15.97 (after any sales that I don't have the regular price for) and after coupons is 9.72.



If you've worked up any deals from your ads this week, post them in a comment, here or on Facebook, and I'll post it here for you so we can all see the goodies you've found.

Also, don't forget to share this blog with anyone you know who wants to learn how to use coupons.

Be watching for the CVS post later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment