Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lessons Learned

I learned two things today.  First of all, always buy road hazard when you get new tires.  YESTERDAY we had two new tires put on because one of them had a weather crack and I'm sure the other wasn't much better.  This morning, we found a screw in one of the new tires.  It was in the side wall, so it couldn't be patched.  Since we did not have road hazard, we had to buy ANOTHER tire today.  This time we got road hazard on it, and they let us put road hazard on the other, retroactively, since we just bought it yesterday and it was fine.  LESSON LEARNED, thank you very much.

Here's another lesson.  Find and print the coupon policies for every store you shop.  I brought my very nice free cookie coupon WYB a first package of cookies and a gallon of milk to HEB, my favorite grocery store.  Now, I've read their coupon policy, but I didn't have it in my trusty notebook. 

Here is what it says:

Buy-one-get-one-free coupons (BOGOs) are accepted. (i.e. Buy X, Get X Free)


“Free product” printable coupons are not accepted (i.e. Get X Free)
 
Click Here if you want to see the HEB coupon policy. 
 
 
It makes perfect sense to me that my free cookie coupon is just fine because I have to buy a first package of cookies as well as a gallon of milk to use it.  Their scanner was having trouble (it wasn't even wanting to scan my HEB issued coupon I got last week) and the girl said that since it was a get X free coupon, they couldn't use it.  I persisted, and the girl gave it another go and it finally went through.  Since I didn't have the coupon policy with me, if she insisted, I wasn't going to push, even though I knew I was in the right.  I don't want to become a bothersome couponer.  I'm just glad that, and my other coupon, finally went through.  But I'm printing the coupon policy right now so I don't have that problem again.
 
 
My goal was to be at $50 or less.  I didn't reach the goal.  I spent $67.00, but I saved $20.00, so all in all, I'm pleased.  Though, I have a feeling if I wasn't shopping with my husband, I would have hit my goal, considering the several additions he made to the shopping cart.  LOL.  That's alright.  I'm trying to not be too militant about this because that just gives coupons and shopping a bad flavor, and I'm enjoying it so much that I don't want to turn it into a bad thing. 
 
In summary:
 
ALWAYS GET ROAD HAZARD.
 
PRINT YOUR COUPON POLICIES.
 
 
Have a great weekend and don't forget to pick up your paper(s) tomorrow!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment