Monday, September 20, 2010

36% Saved

Dear Couponers,

I hope everyone had a nice Monday! 

I had a great shopping day on Saturday but haven’t yet been able to post about it.  Saturday night we went to the fair, and then Sunday we went to church and then went out of town for a Monday morning meeting.  But now I’m back and ready to roll.

At CVS, I got 2 cans of Campbell’s Chunky soup that were on sale 2/$3.  I also had two coupons for .50/1, so I got those two soups for $1.00 each.  Original price before sale was $2.99.  Husband decided he wanted some nuts, and cashews were on sale, and I love cashews, so we got a can of those.  Normal was $5.99, but we got them for $2.99.  And lastly, Lucky Charms were on sale for $1.88 per box.  I had a coupon for $1.00/2, so that made them $1.38 per box.  Normal was $4.29. 

I had planned on getting a bottle of Nivea for Men shower gel, which was on sale for $4.99, with $4.99 in ECB.  I also had a coupon for $1.00 off, so that would have made it $3.99 OOP, with $4.00 back in ECB.  The plan was to buy the shower gel in one transaction and use the ECB to pay for everything else.  Unfortunately, they were sold out.   I still got a great deal.  I spent $7.75 and saved $12.80.

At Walgreens, Progresso soup was on sale, 4/$5.00.  I had two coupons for $.50/2, so I got the soups for $1.00 each.  Unfortunately, Walgreens doesn’t print the individual “saved” amounts, so I’m not sure what normal is, but I imagine it’s around $2.50 - $3.00 each.  Then Froot Loops were on sale, $1.99 each, and I had a coupon for $1.50/2, so the two boxes of Froot Loops were $1.24 each.  I FINALLY got my Glide floss that I’ve been trying to find in stock all month.  It was on sale for $3.99, and I had a store coupon for $2.00 off and a manufacturer’s coupon for $.75 off, so it was $1.24.  I think normal is around $5.00.  Then the Ragu pasta sauce was on sale 2/$3.00, so I got two of those.  I also got about $10.00 in non-sale items that the husband and I were needing.  So in all, I spent $19.69 before tax, and saved $19.85.

Because I got soup and cereal at both of the drug stores and the fact that I still had some meat and vegetables left from last week’s shopping (all frozen of course), HEB was a breeze.  We bought some on sale peaches, some more vegetables, with a coupon, baked potato chips, with a coupon, cheese, juice, and some ELF brand makeup supplies for me ($.99 each!!) as well as a few other things.  We spent $38.65 after tax, and saved $4.12 between sales and coupons.  And I’m pretty sure four boxes of cereal and six cans of soup are going to last us, so maybe next week’s HEB trip will be a little lighter as well.

How is your shopping going?  Post your deals in a comment and I’ll give you an entry to showcase how you’re doing!  And don’t forget to pass the blog on to your friends.  Everyone needs to save money!

No comments:

Post a Comment